- The interview is "postponed" and never rescheduled. -- 11%
- They hire someone "better looking." -- 8%
- I'm rejected based on having "too much experience." -- 18%
- I never hear back after the first interview. -- 46%
- The person I interviewed with gets fired. -- 14%
The result of my interview is in. I DID NOT get the job. But more importantly, did you guess the right reason why Temp X didn't get hired? Let's review what happened.
Today I received an email indicating that while [Company Name Redacted] appreciated my interest, they hired someone with more experience (hmm...). So you can deduce that choices #1,3,4 and 5 are the wrong answers.
If you guessed, they hired someone "better looking" you'll be right. Congrats to everyone for playing. Time to call my pimp.