|Am I in an ad or a TV show?|
Here's the top 10 shows in terms of total placements for 2010.* Now you know what drives your cravings for Coke, Subway, Sears and 1-800-Flowers. [Note: Nielsen didn't do the episode count or shills per episode. I did because I was curious as to what those numbers would be. If my math is right, Celebrity Apprentice has one placement for every two minutes of program time. Eeek!]
- American Idol - 657 placements (43 ep.) - 15.3/episode
- The Jay Leno Show - 507 placements (24 ep.) - 21.1/episode
- The Celebrity Apprentice - 503 placements (21 ep.) - 24/episode
- The Biggest Loser - 486 placements (28 ep.) - 17.4/episode
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - 382 placements (19 ep.) - 20.1/episode
- America’s Next Top Model - 373 placements (23 ep.) - 16.2/episode
- The Amazing Race 16 - 325 placements (21 ep.) - 15.5/episode
- America’s Got Talent - 274 placements (31 ep.) - 8.8/episode
- Dancing with the Stars - 270 placements (37 ep.) - 7.3/episode
- Undercover Boss - 214 placements (18 ep.) - 11.9/episode
I'd make a closing joke here, but I'm pretty sure the joke is already on us.
*Source: The Nielsen Company. Note: Data from Jan. 1 - Nov. 21, 2010, Broadcast Primetime Networks (includes ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC). First-run episodes only. As a result of coding enhancements implemented in 2009, occurrence counts now reflect the total number of show segments in which a brand/product appears or is mentioned.