But before I go elf hunting, I just thought I'd share a few thoughts:
- To those of you scratching and clawing your way through Hollywood, I admire your strength. The entertainment industry isn't for everyone. It's full of emotional peaks and valleys that wreak havoc on your insides. Remember what the Prophet Mila Kunis told Nylon Magazine, "This is the worst industry...the whole thing is based so much on opinion and nobody is wrong." Here's hoping that opinion works in your favor real soon.
- I hope you like the site and I thank you for spreading the word. I knew when I started the Temp Diaries a lot people felt the same way I did -- underemployed, underappreciated and underpaid. If I by sharing my experiences and thoughts I can bring a little light to your day, then I've accomplished my goal. (Well, that and selling it as a TV series would be nice.)
- I'm happy to say the job list has helped many people find work and secure interviews. To those who can't yet find work, all I can say is keep trying. Oh, and if you're under 30 years old, don't have a resume longer than a page. Trust me on this one.
- I will be introducing a new website on January 10, 2011 that has nothing to do with Hollywood. So stay tuned. And when I do launch it, please be sure to tell your friends. It'll be fun.
- And on this week's Unemployment Supplement, I'm picking Pittsburgh (-6) to cover vs NY Jets, Oakland (-7) over Denver and Cleveland (+1.5) to upset Cincinnati. Holy cow. I really am turning into Larry King.